Our uniform instills a sense of identity and belonging to our Craighead School family. Our girls wear their uniform with pride and know the high standards of their uniform are expected to be maintained at all times, whether they are in class at school or out in the community.
Craighead Uniform Guidelines:
Please wear the uniform neatly and with pride. Complete school uniform must be worn when at school. When travelling to and from school on a week day, or for a school function, your uniform must be complete, unless an exception has been made by the Principal.
- The Blazer is to be worn to all formal occasions and Chapel Services.
- When wearing the uniform out of school grounds jerseys or vests are not allowed to be worn on their own without a Blazer.
- All articles of uniform must be clearly named
- Only School related badges may be worn on the Blazer.
- Small, silver or gold, inconspicuous plain ‘stud’ earring(no bigger than 4mm diameter) may be worn, one earring in each ear lobe.Tongue studs are not permitted.
- A Pounamu pendant or cross on a necklace may be worn, subtly. Other jewellery or ornamentation is not to be worn with the school uniform.
- Whilst walking along streets students in school uniform you may not be eating food
- Make-up or nail polish are not to be worn with school uniform
- Hair should be neatly tied back with Craighead blue, green, or blue and green tartan hair ribbon, or slides. Hair is expected to look natural in colour
- PE uniform may not be worn to or from school, except on Sports Days or by permission.
- Sports uniform may be worn home from an after school sport practice, and may be worn to school on a Sports day.
- Boarders may wear mufti when travelling to and from the Boarding House on public transport.
- The tattooing of young people of school age is strongly discouraged, however ta moko and/or moko may be accepted on cultural grounds on students aged over 16 years subject to a parent/caaregiver request in the form of a letter. The student is then to attend an interview with a member of the senior leadership team to discuss the personal significance of the item in question. All other tattoos are to be covered and not visible at all times.
View our Uniform components:
On the red tabs below you will be able to find out about our Uniform in all its variations. Order Forms are below the tab section. Orders can be submitted through to our Uniform Committee to process for you ready for collection and payment. Currently, there is no payment facility attached to this webpage so all payments will be made upon collection of items ordered.
- Shop open hours
- All Year Wear
- Summer Uniform
- Winter Uniform
- PE Uniform
- Sport/Event Supporter Items
- Optional Items
Our Uniform Shop open hours are:
- Between 3.30pm and 4.30pm
- Every Friday – Notice will be in the weekly newsletter
- The Old Girls’ Second Hand Uniform Shop is also open on Fridays but you will have to check the Newsletter for the next open date, it is not every week. The open times will be the same.)
Suppliers of uniform items:
- Craighead Uniform Shop now sells all uniform components, except shoes.
- Shoes can be purchased from Cobblers Inn, Highfield Mall, Timaru.
To contact the Uniform Committee:
- Email – email@example.com
Payment at the shop:
- Credit card
For Uniform Alterations:
All Year wear encompasses:
- School Blazer
- Green Woollen Jersey
- Sleeveless Green Woollen Vest
- Navy Shorts
- Mid-brown Shoe – T-bar style. Can be worn without socks in summer.
Our Summer Uniform encompasses:
- Summer Skirt – hem length for skirts must be 30-33cm from the floor with shoes on
- White Short Sleeved Shirt – worn outside of the skirt
- White Ankle Socks – top portion of sock to be turned down
- Straw Boater Sun Hat – compulsory for Years 7&8 only
- School Blazer – for formal occasions and Chapel Services
- Navy Shorts
- Straw Boater Sun Hat – Years 9-13 optional only
- Green Jersey
- Green Sleeveless Vest
Our Winter Uniform encompasses:
- Kilt – hem length for kilts must be 30-33cm from the floor with shoes on
- Cream Blouse – long sleeved – worn tucked in under the kilt
- Green Tie – plain, Years 7-12 only
- Crest & Striped Tie – Years 13 only
- Navy Knee-high Socks or Tights/Pantyhose
- Mid-Brown Shoe – T-bar style
- School Blazer – For formal occasions and Chapel Services
Optional items, worn as needed:
- Navy Shorts
- Green Woollen Jersey – long sleeved, v-neck
- Green Woollen Sleeveless Vest – v-neck
- School Scarf – woollen
PE uniform consists of the following items:
- tracksuit – jacket and pants sold separately
- house top – available in house colours and worn at school wide events
- PE top
- PE shorts
- White Sports Socks – worn at competition sport
- rugby jersey : An optional item of the PE Uniform
PE Top and Shorts Rugby Jersey by Canterbury
White – Te Uru Blue – Te Raki Red – Te Rawhiti Yellow – Te Tonga
The Uniform Shop also sells the following Sport items:
- Netball skirt
- Netball top
- Hockey / Rugby Socks
- Hockey skirt
- Rugby Shorts
*Please note that all other sporting code uniforms are hired
Optional items available:
- Baselayer Top
- Merino Jersey
- Fluoro vest
- Hockey Skirt
- Rugby Shorts
- Netball Top & Skirt
- Sports Bag – with personalised initials
- Green school Cap, Beanie
Merino JerseyBaselayer TopFluoro
Sports Bag with initials
Netball Top & Skirt Rugby Socks & Shorts Hockey Skirt & Socks
♦ Please Note: many other sporting strips are hired. However, the cycling strip must be purchased:.