We are all waiting to confirm the Government’s direction in their announcement on Monday, with the South Island yet to record a community case of the Delta variant. Should the South Island be instructed to move to Alert Level 2, the following will be observed:
- School will be open for onsite instruction and the Boarding House open for students for those who are free from sickness.
- Schools are not classified as gatherings and therefore free from distance requirements when people are there to “receive, provide, or support education services.” (Min Ed)
- However if school events bring people onsite who are not engaged in everyday education activities, rules for gatherings will apply.
- Masks are not required at school nor on any school transport, but students and staff will be supported to do so if they wish.
- There will be restricted access to the Dining Room with boarders being first priority. The ‘Craighead Cafe’ will run from the Dining Room foyer for daygirls that wish to purchase food/drinks.
- A reminder of the basic health measures
- Wash and/or sanitise your hands often
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- If you feel unwell, stay at home
Craighead’s desire is still to offer activities beyond the classroom where Ministry health guidance allows. This includes:
- the Year 7-9 Ski Trip (now Wednesday 15 September) ,
- Year 11 Semi Formal (date to be confirmed)
- and Year 8 Camp (18 – 22 October).