We fundamentally believe that students need to head into their Senior school years with a solid foundation in all learning areas, including Christian Education.
Adhering to the spirit of the New Zealand Curriculum (2007) we ensure that the front part of this curriculum, notably the five key competencies are woven throughout our units of work. At Craighead we have developed a curriculum which we believe allows all students to build a strong educational foundation, gives choice in subject selection and allows students to build rich, varied programmes of study based on their interests. Craighead has a reputation for lifting the performance of its students. This is the result of outstanding teaching and pride in seeing our students achieve to the very best of their ability.
- Our school philosophy is that many students may have unrealized potential. Therefore, we encourage a process of self-discovery.
- Performance is closely measured from the time a student enters the school and progress is carefully monitored.
- There is a strong work ethic where positive expectations fuel students’ willingness to strive to be the best they can be.
- Entry to the school is not based on academic ability. We enjoy diversity and helping every student to discover her capabilities. There are no assumptions, no limitations. In the Craighead environment, students have the capacity to excel. Indeed, Craighead students perform well above the national average in all subjects.
- Education goes further than the classroom. We are concerned with preparing our students with skills and strategies that will help them throughout life.