Year 11 2017 Subject Selection
Compulsory Subjects are:
English , Science , Mathematics and Statistics, Religious and Social Education
Three optional subjects to be chosen from:
Art , Drama , Design and Fashion Studies , Digital Technologies , Economics , French ,
Physical Education and Health , Geography , German , Graphics , History , Music ,
Support Studies (no NCEA credits)
Level 1 NCEA:
- An NCEA Level 1 Certificate is awarded to a student who gains at least 80 credits from any level of which 10 must be in Literacy and 10 in Numeracy. Specified Standards available through a range of subjects are identified with (L) for Literacy and (N) for numeracy in this booklet.
- Students must take whole courses.
- More than one assessment opportunity is available for some internally assessed Standards during the year.
- A booklet detailing the School’s NCEA Assessment policy will be provided to students and parents at the beginning of the year.
- Reporting of results will be on progress towards a NCEA Level 1 Certificate. Students will gain an award of Achieved, Achieved with Merit or Achieved with Excellence for each Standard or Achievement for Unit Standards.
- Subjects, except Support Studies, will offer 17-21 credits in their subject.
English - Core subject
Mathematics - Core Subject
Physical Education and Health
Science - Core Subject