2021 Middle School Subject Information
Two Year Programme
Years 9 & 10
Option Subject selection:
All Year 9 students will study the Core subjects for the full year and have a rotation through each of the option subjects over the course of the year. This will complete their first year of the Middle School two year programme.
In the second year of this programe, all Year 10 students wil study the Core subjects for the full year and have the choice of six option subjects over two semesters in 2021.
- Read through this information carefully…
Important Option Subject Information:
- Option choices for Year 10 will be made at the end of the Year 9 year.
- To take Languages or Music in the Senior School we advise that two Year 10 Semesters of Languages or Music study be undertaken.
- Te Reo Māori is currently being developed in the school. We are committed to offering this and running classes however, this will be determined by student interest and numbers. Currently staffing this subject is very hard across the country so students will learn via Te Kura, an online state-funded distance education provider.
- Dance Year 10 option – running these classes will be determined by student interest and numbers.
- Business Enterprise and Introduction to Agriculture & Horticulture – Year 10 options, are one Semester courses. They are available in either semester 1 or 2 and cannot be taken for both semesters.
- Students are encouraged to speak to their Dean or the DP Curriculum about their options if they are in any doubt as to apthways into the Senior School.
Next Step – Click and View Handbook ⇓
Middle School Option Subject Handbook